With the start of a new year, it is a great time for all of us to try learning and doing some new things. You can set your own plans to pursue dream job, enjoy a favorite concert or just discover a few ways to make your life healthier. Easy to say, but sometimes you find it difficult to do. So why don’t you try to begin with small things first? This article will introduce to you some helpful information about how to get rid of your vaginal odor.
What is Vaginal Odor?
Vaginal odor is referred a stinky odor originating from the vagina of a woman that will apparently make she feel self-conscious and embarrassed. This kind of smell normally comes along with a white or yellowish discharge. Plus, you should note that any use of chemical products or cleaning agents is unhealthy for your body and also can higher the risk of infection. In fact, having a mild, slight and distinguish vaginal odor is totally considered normal. Because every vagina has its natural scent and only you are able to know how it is.
What Causes Vaginal Odor?
If you notice, there are various types of microbes living in your vagina including bacteria, fungi and viruses. All of the above are too small to be seen by your naked eyes. A healthy vagina can protect it from bad bacteria as well as yeast with a wonderful protective mechanism. However, sometimes your vaginal environment tends to have a high and abnormal level of pH which is the ideal condition for some harmful bacteria – bacterial vaginosis (BV). Hence, they grow out of control and cause inflammation inside your vagina.
Besides, below are some other common reasons for your unpleasant vaginal smell:
- Lack of cleaning
- Poor nutrition habits
- Too tight underwear
- Change in hormone
Other Resources: Art Of Healthy Living
Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
- Practice Hygiene More Often
One of the simplest and safest home remedies on how to get rid of vaginal odor is to practice hygiene more often. As you know, excessive sweat after running or playing can increase the bad smell coming from your vagina. All you need to do is taking a shower right after those activities and remember to use a pure unscented soap or baby soap without fragrance, colors. On the other hand, you had better change your underwear regularly as well as use cotton pants to keep it comfortable and breathable.
- Coconut Oil
If you are looking for a useful solution to get rid of vaginal odor, coconut oil will be your best choice. This essential oil has been used popularly by people all over the world for years. It is able to help you soothe the itching and irritated condition. Otherwise, coconut oil has a sweet and natural aroma that you will love it. After a few day applying it, the bad odor could be covered immediately.
How to use
- Pour some drops of coconut oil into a small cup of warm water
- Use a cotton swab or ball to rub this liquid to the affected skin areas
- Leave it there for 5 – 10 minutes and wash it off
- Remember to follow the remedy on a daily basis as needed.
- Baking Powder
It will be very surprising for you to know that you can try baking powder to treat vaginal odor easily right at your home. Indeed, baking powder acts as a natural cleaning agent which eliminates the bad smell in your vagina. Moreover, it has an ability to maintain your level of pH and stop the bacterial overgrowth effectively.
How to use
- Add about 20g baking soda to a cup of lukewarm water and stir it up. Enjoy it every day to deal with vaginal odor.
- Another choice is showering with baking soda frequently. Remember to do this solution twice per week until you notice the good improvement.
- Pineapple Juice
Pineapple juice is a natural home remedy for vaginal odor that has been in existence for a long time in folk healing. Firstly, this kind of fruit is so good for your vaginal health as well as your skin. It also strengthens your immunity to fight off infection and bad bacteria. Furthermore, pineapple juice has good effect on erasing the swelling, irritation and itchiness inside the vagina productively. It is recommended that you had better consume pineapple juice daily for strong and long-term health.
How to use
- Use a knife to peel the pineapple and do not forget to remove its eyes
- Extract the fresh juice from your pineapple, pour it into a glass and add some more sugar to enhance flavor
- Enjoy this delicious juice daily to stay away from unpleasant smell
- Instead of pineapple juice, you also can consume blueberry juice to treat this problem.
- Guava Leaves
Guava leaves heads on the list of top solutions to vaginal odor because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory contents. Guava leaves help you decrease the irritated and itching feeling rapidly. As mentioned above, its antibacterial effect can kill bad bacteria and fight off the inflammation. Indeed, guava leaves will not let you down in treating vaginal odor.
How to use
- Add about 7 – 8 guava leaves to a bowl of fresh water
- Heat the water up and stop when the water decrease to half
- Allow it to cool down completely
- Then remove the used guava leaves
- Afterwards, use this liquid to clean your vagina regularly to get rid of the foul odor.
Another impressive home remedy for vaginal odor is turmeric that you should try it right now. Thanks to antifungal and antibacterial properties in turmeric, it is able to kill the harmful bacteria and prohibit them from developing. In addition, turmeric also can help lower the burning sensation and itchiness. After using this solution, you will no longer have to worry about vaginal odor.
How to use
- Peel a turmeric root and eat it raw on a daily basis until the stinky smell is disappeared.
- Alternatively, add some turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk. Consume it before going to sleep to stay away from this problem.